Koc University Hospital - Overview
Koc University Hospital
Koc University Hospital became operational in September 2014 as a research and training hospital. As of 2016, the hospital has increased its capacity to 404 single inpatient rooms and 73 intensive care units (366 adult and 111 pediatric). With 12 Operating Rooms, and 14 intervention Rooms, more than 4,000 operations have been performed. Throughout 2016, Koc University Hospital has delivered care to approximately 6,000 inpatients and 65,000 outpatients, more than 1,600 being international patients.
The Health Sciences Campus that spans over an area of 220,000 m2 includes the school of medicine, the school of nursing, research laboratories and the Advanced Learning Center. The Health Sciences Campus aims to contribute to the creation of qualified human capital in the healthcare sector with its innovative approach and dynamic team at North American standards.
Koc University was foundedin 1993 as a non-profit private university in Istanbul, Turkey. Koc Universitystrives to be a center of excellence, one that succeeds in providing aworld-class education to its students, creating new knowledge via the researchof its faculty, applying the acquired knowledge for the benefit of society, andequipping its students with the highest sense of ethics, social responsibilityand good citizenship.
Koc University Hospital is part of Koc Healthcare group among with two other hospitals, American Hospital and MedAmerican Ambulatory Care Surgery Center.
As Koc Healthcare Institutions, we have determined a clinical road map, guidance and algorithms to provide transparent and integrated healthcare services at a standardized level of quality to all of our patients. Our medical and administrative systems are constantly measured and evaluated in order to ensure continuous development.
We aim to establish a "value based system" rather than a volume oriented one. As a result we give the highest importance to our human capital, safe and high quality oriented patient care and time & cost efficiency by minimizing duplication in procedures.
- Ethical approach in all our services
- Safe and quality oriented patient care services
- Sustainability and continuous development in our institutions
- Transparency in all communications
Medical Breakthroughs Pioneer of Koc Healthcare Institutions
- Turkey's first nursing school. (1920)
- Introduction of quick postoperative physical activity in Turkey. (1945)
- First spinal anesthesia in Turkey. (1947)
- First use of surgical thread in Turkey. (1947)
- First Rh factor grouping in Turkey. (1948)
- First complete blood transfusion in a baby in Turkey. (1949)
- Turkey's first natural childbirth program. (1953)
- First hospital in Turkey with an emergency generator. (1965)
- Turkey's first renal dialysis unit. (1966)
- Turkey's first private family planning clinic. (1972)
- Turkey's first employee checkup program. (1972)
- Turkey's first computerized hospital system. (1977)
- Turkey's first intensive care nursing program. (1978)
- Turkey's first hospital health fair. (1981)
- Turkey's first group therapy unit for alcoholic. (1982)
- Turkey's first outpatient operation. (1983)
- Turkey's first rooftop ambulance heliport. (1986)
- Turkey's first operating center for outpatients (1987)
- Turkey's first preventative care medical center. (1988)
- Turkey's first specialized intensive care unit. (1990)
- Turkey's first private infertility education center. (1995)
- Turkey's first brain surgery, surgery with microelectrode to treat movement disorders. (1996)
- Turkey's first non-surgical aortal valve replacement. (2009)
- Turkey's first robotic thoracic surgery. (2010)
Integrated Patient Care
Koc Healthcare appreciates that each patient is unique, has special needs and requires a tailored approach. To deliver the best possible care, the hospital organize our healthcare services according to comprehensive care groups thereby putting the patients in the center of our system. Integrated patient care is the combination of delivery, management and organization of healthcare services in order to enable an increased quality of care, maximized treatment efficiency, and enhanced patient satisfaction simultaneously.
The integrated patient care coordinates professionals, facilities and support systems in contemplation of delivering the best and the most appropriate care for you with the help of our personalized evaluation and treatment policies.
Healthcare institutions usually organize their care areas according to clinical specialties: such as General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Plastic Surgery. Although this approach may bring out efficient working groups in terms training, it evaluates health conditions solely from healthcare professionals' point of view. On the contrary, integrated care areas, aim to reverse this perspective and put the patient in the true center of the healthcare delivery. In real life, patients often have conditions that are related with multiple specialties, and their treatment plans require collaboration from different experts from various fields. Therefore, the ideal patient care necessitates synergistic teamwork, expertise, and compassionate professionals.
As Koc Healthcare Institutions, we provide continuity of care through comprehensive healthcare informatics, coordinated teamwork, and well defined care pathways. We tailor our reliable and evidence-based approaches according to our patients' unique needs in order to deliver the right care for the right patient every time.
CENTERS OF EXCELLENCE
Koc Foundation Healthcare Institutions have determined a clinical road map, guidance and algorithms to provide transparent and integrated healthcare services at a standardized level of quality to all patients. The medical and administrative systems are constantly measured and evaluated in order to ensure continuous development. The hospital aims to establish a value based system rather then a volume oriented one. The following are their top clinical centers that improve the quality of health services that give the medical staff and competent employees who attach importance to academic values:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Fertility Treatment
- General Surgery
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
- Obesity Center
- Adult Congenital Heart Center
- Spine Center
- Gamme Knife
- Infectious Diseases
- Anesthesiology & Reanimation
- Intensive Care Unit
- Emergency Department
- Interventional Radiology
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging
- Clinical Laboratory
INTERNATIONAL PATIENT SERVICES
From initial inquiries, questions and concerns about medical treatment, the hospital supports the patients on all phases of care. In order to ease the process of having a treatment in a foreign country, the support program begins prior to the patient's stay by ensuring that he is fully informed about the facilities. Patients traveling from abroad are met at the airport and transferred to the hospital with a private driver. Communication is never a barrier during the stay as all of their doctors have academic knowledge and fluency in English. Even before the visit, the International Patient Programs Department will provide a detailed information about the projected treatment plans, cost estimate, appointment scheduling, interpretation services, transportation, accommodation and insurance eligibility.
For Admission procedures to take place, it is recommended to bring the following documents:
- Medical records or documents
- Private insurance card and Hospitalization insurance form with physician's approval.
Health and Security
Cooperation throughout the treatment in order for it to flow securely and seamlessly. During the patient's stay, complying with your care plan and following points will increase the success of the treatment.
VIP Transfer Services are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
If you need an interpreter, arrangements will be made prior to your arrival. The translation services are free of charge in the following languages: English, French, Italian, Arabic, Spanish, Kurdish, Russian and Romanian.
On the day of departure, the physician will visit you for an overall consultation to make sure that you are fit to be discharged and to summarise your treatment that has taken place during your stay. If there are any medications that have been prescribed to continue your treatment, nurses will print out your prescription. Your departure time would be determined after your physician's visit and all administrative paper work has been completed. Patient discharge department is operating Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Sundays and after hours, you may visit the Emergency Services Department for further assistance.
Departments and specialty centers at Koc University Hospital
- Transportation services
- Personal escort available
- Private nurse available
- Visa arrangements
- Financing available
- Electronic medical records
- Insurance coordination
- Interpreters available on demand
- Family members can stay with patient
- Accommodation arrangements
- Vegetarian food
- Halal food
- Special order food
- Private Rooms
- Recovery facilities
- Phone in rooms
- Internet connection
- Money exchange
- Doctors have liability insurance
- Hospitals has liability insurance
- Number of doctors: 360
- Number of beds: 404
- Year established: 1969
The data provided in this page was provided by Koc University Hospital
or it's represetatives.
last updated on Jul 31, 2018.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please