Hospital Dr. López Cano - Overview
Thanks to the most advanced strategies against obesity, we apply thetreatment that best suits each patient. Expert assistance is necessary for theresults to be satisfactory, so our psychologists accompany the patientthroughout the process.
- There is a considerable weightloss. In patients with high obesity rates, there have been very favorableresults of weight loss.
- You can repeat the treatment ifyou regain weight
- Lower risk than in surgery. Theeffectiveness of this treatment is fully proven, if it is supported andmonitored by a team of specialists.
- Endoscopic, non-surgicaltreatment. It is a simple technique and is considered safe. It is a comfortableprocedure.
- It is a novel stomach reductiontreatment without surgery. It is intended for patients who need to lose between15 and 35 kg.
6 Month balloon
The intragastricballoon is formed by a high quality silicone balloon with a valve system. It isspecially designed to remain in the stomach for a period of up to 6 months.
The balloon is placedendoscopically, and filled with physiological serum causing an almost permanentfeeling of fullness, being able to return home half an hour later.
Once the ball isplaced, follow-up is carried out, both from a nutritional-psychological anddigestive point of view periodically. The balloon will be retired after 6months, in which you will have already acquired healthy eating habits that wewill continue to control by our multidisciplinary team for another 6 months.
Bariatric surgery isthe set of surgical procedures used to treat obesity, seeking decrease in bodyweight and as an alternative to treatment with other non-surgical means.
Apollo method (endoscopic sleeve)
The Apollo method system is an endoscopic technique, without surgery, which allows suturing in the stomach wall and reducing the capacity of the stomach, which provides the appearance of satiety with the intake of a small amount of food.
This system allows the reduction of the volume of the gastric cavity without the need for incisions or long postoperative periods, thus avoiding the inconveniences of traditional surgery.
All this, together with the follow-up with our multidisciplinary team (nutritionist + psychologist), will help you change your eating habits to a healthier way of life, with a 12-month program.
Sleeve or gastric tube
The sleeve or gastrictube consists of the removal of approximately 80% of the stomach, making it akind of tube or hose.
In this way, it ispossible to reduce the amount of food that the patient ingests thanks to twomechanisms:
- The stomach capacity islower.
- Partial removal of thestomach causes the patient to secrete less ghrelin, an appetite regulatinghormone.
Thus, the patient willfeel full even if they eat less food, which facilitates compliance with theguidelines set by nutritionists
The sleeve or gastrictube is indicated in patients with a Body Mass Index between 35 and 45.
Departments and specialty centers at Hospital Dr. López Cano
- Transportation services
- Personal escort available
- Private nurse available
- Visa arrangements
- Flight arrangements
- Electronic medical records
- Insurance coordination
- Interpreters available on demand
- Family members can stay with patient
- Accommodation arrangements
- Vegetarian food
- Special order food
- Private Rooms
- Phone in rooms
- Internet connection
- Doctors have liability insurance
- Hospitals has liability insurance
- Number of doctors: 65
- Number of beds: 20
- Year established: 2008
The data provided in this page was provided by Hospital Dr. López Cano
or it's represetatives.
last updated on Mar 11, 2020.
Please read our disclaimer
If you have found any errors or missing data, please