About Vaser Liposelection
This information is intended for general information only and should not be considered as medical advice on the part of Health-Tourism.com. Any decision on medical treatments, after-care or recovery should be done solely upon proper consultation and advice of a qualified physician.
What is Vaser Liposelection?
Vaser Liposelection (Vaser Lipo) is a body sculpting procedure that uses ultrasound waves to break up fat cells and remove unwanted fat from the body.
Vaser liposelection targets areas of fat in the body, leaving other tissues intact, and makes the muscles appear more defined.
How is the Vaser Liposelection procedure carried out?
When are the results seen from Vaser Liposelection?
- The area to be treated is injected with a saline solution and thin probes are inserted through tiny incisions.
- The probes transmit ultrasound energy to break up and liquefy fat cells.
- The liquefied fat is removed from the body with gentle suction.
You will see results immediately after the vaser liposelection procedure, and final results will be seen after 3 or 4 months.
Duration of procedure/surgery : The vaser lipo procedure takes between 1 and 3 hours, depending on the size or the number of areas being treated
Days admitted : None. Vaser lipo is an outpatient procedure.
Anesthesia : Vaser lipo is typically performed under a local anesthesia, although the procedure can take place under general anesthesia.
Recovery : - Patients should rest for 12 hours following vaser lipo.
- Patients return to work between one day and one week following the procedure.
- Strenuous exercise can be resumed after 2 to 3 weeks.
Risks : - Infection.
- Excessive fluid loss.
After care : - Wear a compression garment all day and night for 7 days.
- Treat minor pain and discomfort with over-the-counter painkillers.
- Antibiotics may be prescribed to reduce the infection risk.